Welcome to Wolf Pet Creations

A Blog for Wolf Pet Creations Business and the Opinions of a Wolf Pet

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Two Fashion Shows in Two Weeks

Two fashion shows in two weeks and our big event at Wolf Pet Creations is this week ! I was fairly certain I had moments of insanity and now we know for sure!


I have to say having items you made in a fashion show makes one feel positively fabulous even if they were beginner shows so to speak. What a great time I had, and a learning experience as well.

For the Caledonia show I used items I already had made and up for sale. It was STILL a little hectic but I have to say superbly put on by Candie Rau, Storm Octavia, and Joseph Surface. It was fun and I learned alot about how to both "be" in a show and "put" on a show. Unfortunately I was so excited watching everything that I didn't remember to take photo's.


My friend Lana Shostakovich of Events by Lana was doing a Fashion Show and Art Exhibit at Vincent's Hollow Beach Retreat. Since I'd hired her to run our Lawn Party on March 8th, I said sure I'd love to present something, and that I'd give her 3 outfits for it, a casual, a formal, and a swim suit.


I went back to my skybox and looked around and thought to myself --- "Self, do I make swim suits?" --- and then I went into a modality of panic because the answer was, "Ummm, no, you do not appear to have a single swim suit that you've made anywhere." After much thought and walking around the wrong Vincent sim - I went to the Vincent Van Gogh sim and listening to Starry Starry Night, we have *drum roll please* - Vincent's Hope - my first swim suit creation. After the initial headache of trying to get the little triangle in front to go away (tricky that little triangle) I think I like creating swim suits and plan to make many more.


Unfortunately, this time I DID remember at Vincent Hollow that I needed to take photo's, so I took a "practice" photo to get the folder on the hard drive set up, and "boom" SL crash to desktop. I made it back in time for the finale. Here is Fanch Morgwain in our "Enigma" formal gown at the show.




We think you'll like it the simple elegance of it. You can check it out in world at the store. Well I have to get back to get things ready for the party on Saturday! Come have fun with us!

No comments: