Welcome to Wolf Pet Creations

A Blog for Wolf Pet Creations Business and the Opinions of a Wolf Pet

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ooops - SL might be serious about this whole PG thing!

I was roaming around SL a year and a half, two years ago? and ran into the whole sex room rental thing and thought "how very tacky" yet "interesting" and I was intrigued -- and then I found LaVanya's Fantasy Suite rentals - and had an ah-ha! moment. Something fun and sexy but classy to create that takes no real talent! Right up my ally!

So in my usual manner of planning and plotting and then spending a literal and virtual fortune on equipment - I created The Marquis' Chateau a bdsm type chateau with some really cool not your typical hour rental spot equipment inside and a rooftop playground, Kamchak's Wagon for my favorite Gorean Tuchuk crowd, and the Naughty or Nice fantasy suite which is a holiday themed spanking oriented cabin in a snowy holdiay setting, my own little fantasy come to life or as close to it as second life allows.

All in all, very well done if I do say so myself :) It was a blast creating them. I unfortunately never really figured out how to market them, so it became more a drive by thing on rentals except for a few friends who borrow them from time to time. I'm relatively sure Lavanya's would have accepted us as as affilitates and we could have joined their fabulous network but I never think of it when I'm online, just off, and while we traded a few - sure i'm interested IM me type things we never met or did the hook up.

Anyway, this week on Xstreet at https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=110813 Stroker Serpentine posted about how the majority of his products had been completely borked because ONE script in them was blacklisted by LL. Which meant all 3 of my suites were affected. We contacted Corsi Mousehold, because we had purchased our sexgen items from her store and she fixed them right away.

I'm fairly certain I refunded anyone who might have rented a suite in the last month their money. But if not, please IM me and I'll make it right. For the few folks who complained I made the assumption it was the security orb making the suite unusable, not the equipment, and just refunded their money upon request without asking for specifics. Some folks will go into more detail than i want if I ask "what went wrong" so I usually don't ask when it comes to the fantasy suites :) - I LOVED making the suites, but am not a big fan about using them myself .. irony overflows in my life :)

All our suites are up and running .. at least for another minute until the "adult content" changes go into effect. Even though we are "mature" and "adults" I'm thinking both our fantasy suites and our arguably "erotic statues" sections are going to be nerfed - unless I want to invest in the "adult continent" ... do we?

A question for another day I think.

No comments: